What benefits do Resource Parents receive to help care for children in foster care?
Families receive the following support and resources:
- A monthly reimbursement for food, shelter, clothing, and recreation for each child.
- Medical and dental coverage for each foster child through the Medi-Cal program.
- On-going training to enhance their knowledge and skills so they can provide the best possible care to meet the unique needs of children in foster care.
- Support and supervision from agency workers.
- The satisfaction of knowing they have reached out a helping hand to children when it was so desperately needed.
- The reward of knowing there is something of themselves remaining with every child long after they have left the home.
- The knowledge their own lives have been enriched in some way by each child.