What are the steps to becoming a Resource Parent?
Becoming a foster/adoptive Resource Parent is a simple procedure, but takes time and determination to complete. All requirements for becoming a Resource Parent are intended to provide safety and security for both child and foster and adoptive resource parent. The steps are:
1. Attend a Resource Family Approval (RFA) Orientation meeting through an FFA Agency listed below.
2. Complete and Submit RFA Application forms
3. Complete Background Assessment and Home Environment Assessment
4. Complete 12- Hours of Trauma Informed Pre-Service (TIPS)
5. Complete First Aid and CPR certification
6. Complete Permanency/Psychosocial Assessment
7. Receive Approval and Written Report
Upon completion of the Resource Family Approval Process, you will be eligible for child placement. However, completing the Resource Family Approval process does not guarantee immediate child placement.